Tuesday 12 April 2011

Last question

The last question is... too complicated for me. It's something about health care, but I honestly can't get the bearing of it.

Over here, the fact that Harper is not wearing his wedding ring is upstaging what the debate is about. Strange. We saw him walk up to the debate with the wife. Kinda reminds me about all those rumours that were going around about that marriage being over in December.

But apparently, there's nothing to it. The issue came up last election. He has a sensitivity to metals so he doesn't wear one. I buy that.


I'm not getting much out of this debate question to be honest. Iggy is pushing his family health plan.
Finally the moderator asks them how they're going to fund their health care plan. Harper's answer I didn't catch. Layton attacked Harper's plan. Iggy said raise corporate tax rates. Duceppe mentioned oil companies.

And the debate closed without any mention of the Afghan detainees, or the alleged human rights abuse in the g20. Can't really say who won. It was mostly the three opposition leaders trying to drag Harper down. But Harper wasn't in a debate, he was in a PR event, providing soundbites about the economy when he was under duress. It was smooth, sure, but I think it looked like he was avoiding the question. He was  on the defense for the whole evening, and it looked like he couldn't answer any of the questions honestly

It doesn't really change my opinion about any of the leaders, but I think Ignatieff won my respect a little this evening. Question is, how much did that change Canadian's opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment